Eat Together Class 4 EVS Chapter 5 Notes New and Best – class iv evs notes , Class 4 Chapter 5 Eat Together notes, Eat Together notes, Eat Together activities, Eat Together complete answers, Eat Together complete notes with actives.
Pupils will be able to:
–learn the importance of eating together on different occasions.
—know the how food is wasted.
—learn the process of preserving food.
What we learn:
• Eating together makes us happy.
• Mid-day meal is a right of children.
• It is improper to waste food and water.
• Eating food without spilling is a good habit.
• Food can be preserved by adding salt and oil or drying in the sun.
• A mouthful of food that we eat is the sweat of lakhs of farmers and laborer’s behind it.
1. Name some occasions where people eat food together.
A. Some occasions where people eat food together:
† Marriage functions and Birthday parties
† Mid-day meal at our school
† Farewell parties and in hotels and meetings
† Fairs and festivals of Gods and ceremonies
2. When does the food get wasted at home?
A.† If food is cooked in excess at home, it gets wasted.
+ In our family members, if one or two persons are not eat the food, then it gets wasted.
3. Mention the people whose efforts are behind the process of producing the food we eat.
A. The food we eat is produced with lot of effort and labour of people like farmers, agriculturalists, agricultural labourers, blacksmiths, carpenters, millers, vendors etc.
QUESTIONING AND HYPOTHESIS
4.What questions would you ask a farmer about how they can keep food grains safe from rats, mice and insects?
1. What are the methods of storage?
2. What were the common ways to keep food grains safe from rats, mice and insects.
3. Which materials do you use to keep food grains safe from rats, mice and insects?
4, Do you use any insecticides to control insects?
5. Do you use any traditional storage containers to protect food grains from rats, mice and insects?
EXPERIMENTS AND FIELD OBSERVATIONS
5. Observe the list of vegetables used at the mid-day meal for a week and write them in your notebook.
Monday – Rice, Egg curry, Chickpea (a recipe for peanut lentil gingerbread)
Tuesday- Puliohora, Tomato dal, Boiled egg.
Wednesday : Vegetable Rice, Aloo Kurma, Boiled Egg, Chickpea.
Thursday – Khichidi, Tomato chutney, Boiled egg.
Friday – Rice, Asparagus, Boiled egg, Chickpea.
List of vegetables : Tomatoes, potatoes, onions, tamarind, curry leaves, peanuts etc.
INFORMATION SKILLS AND PROJECTS
6. List out the food items that you preserve at home for a long periods.
A. +Pickles, chutneys, jams and fryums (vadiyalu) etc., are some of the common pre-served food items at home for a long period.
+ Some vegetables, meat and fish can preserved for a few days.
For Videos Click Here